About Us ★ Show How Studio
Corrie Beula Kovacs
Private Lessons | Dance Classes
Corrie Beula Kovacs graduated with a B.F.A. in Musical Theatre from Millikin University. She moved to New York City where she earned two Broadway tour credits and found work in musicals, dramatic and comedic plays, revues, workshops and television commercials. Corrie continues to choreograph, perform and teach voice lessons with a focus on musical theatre technique and storytelling.
Corrie gave me my first acting instruction and in just a few sessions we rejuvenated my college audition monologues. The thing that makes her so effective is how she helps you apply your own experiences to make the moments believable.
Steve Kovacs attended The Miami University (in Ohio) where he graduated Magna Cum Laude with a degree in Music Education. He taught general music, choral music, show choir and voice lessons during a twelve-year teaching career in New Jersey and Wisconsin. He directs, music directs and teaches singing and acting in the Fox Cities, and is a frequent workshop provider for the Fox Cities PAC Center Stage Awards.
Steve – I just finished my first week of classes, and I just wanted to thank you for everything you have taught me. In my Acting 1 class, we spent 2 hours talking about tactics and beats, and I could answer a lot of the questions because of you.
All times listed are Central Standard Time. Hours may vary by season.
DIRECTIONS TO SHOW HOW STUDIO
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Do students need to be vaccinated for in-person lessons?
Yes, students must have completed their COVID19 vaccination to be eligible for in-person lessons. We no longer provide a plastic barrier with separate space for students. Proof of vaccination may be requested by Show How Studio.
Can parents attend lessons with their child?
Yes, parents are welcome to attend lessons. If attending an in-person lesson, parents can wait on the covered porch or sit in the student area. We ask that parents wear masks in the student area if they are not COVID19 vaccinated.
Is there a minimum for booking lessons?
Previously, we have not required a minimum number of lessons to be booked. However, we are transitioning our booking process and may ask students to book as much as a semester of lessons at a time.
How do I pay for lessons and classes?
We are transitioning our booking process and will likely ask for payment when lessons have been booked. This will probably be done through Venmo, PayPal or either.
How do I attend an online lesson, class or workshop that I've booked?
At present, we are not offering online lessons, classes or workshops.
What is the cancellation policy for private lessons?
By registering for lessons with Show How Studio, you are agreeing to the following:
- I, the customer and/or participant, have until 24 hours before my appointment to decide if I would like to keep my time slot. If I decide within 24 hours of my scheduled appointment that I must cancel, I agree to pay my lesson fee in full.
- I, the customer and/or participant, will be on time to the best of my ability, and bring my materials to the lesson – water bottle, music, pencil, dance shoes, notebook, etc.
- I, the customer and/or participant, agree to pay for lessons online at the time they are booked. Should Show How Studio need to cancel a lesson I have booked, a credit will be provided in my account and the studio will assist me in rescheduling my lesson.
- I, the customer and/or participant, agree to follow all safety precautions established by the studio for social distancing and hygiene when booking in-person lessons. Complete instructions will be provided in my confirmation email.
- I am aware that, despite precautions being taken by Show How Studio, it is possible that I may contract COVID19, attributable to my in-person lesson time at the home studio. It is my responsibility to make sure I take all necessary precautions and, if I or anyone in my household contracts COVID19, contact Show How Studio as soon as possible and notify them. I also acknowledge that at any point in time, if the safety and/or wellbeing of clients becomes a concern, Show How Studio reserves the right to move my in-person lesson to an online platform.
- I am aware that I can reschedule within 24 hours of my booking if I am concerned about my health, but my booking must be rescheduled for a date no sooner than 14 days from the originally scheduled lesson.
What is the cancellation policy for classes and workshops?
At present, we are not offering classes or workshops. This is the previous policy:
Show How Studio classes require a minimum number of participants in order to be held. Should the minimum not be reached, the class will be canceled and a full refund provided. Full refunds will not be issued to participants who cancel their registrations.
Participants who cancel their registrations are subject to cancellation fees: 25% cancellation fee within 30 days of the first class, 50% fee within 7 days and no refund issued within 24 hours of the first class.
By registering for classes with Show How Studio, you are also agreeing to the following:
- If the participant decides to drop out of the class after the course has started, participant acknowledges there will not be a refund for any amount of the class fee.
- If the participant misses a class for any reason, it will not result in a partial refund or a reschedule of the class that was missed.
- Participation is subject to appropriate behavior during online sessions. If the participant is dismissed from a session for inappropriate behavior, it is up to the instructor to determine if the participant will be invited back for further sessions, and on what terms. Any dismissal from a class for inappropriate behavior will not result in a refund for any amount.