About Us ★ Show How Studio
Corrie Beula Kovacs
Private Lessons | Dance Classes
Corrie Beula Kovacs graduated with a B.F.A. in Musical Theatre from Millikin University. She moved to New York City where she earned two Broadway tour credits and found work in musicals, dramatic and comedic plays, revues, workshops and television commercials. Corrie continues to choreograph, perform and teach voice and dance classes with a focus on musical theatre technique and storytelling.
Corrie gave me my first acting instruction and in just a few sessions we rejuvenated my college audition monologues. The thing that makes her so effective is how she helps you apply your own experiences to make the moments believable.
Steve Kovacs attended The Miami University (in Ohio) where he graduated Magna Cum Laude with a degree in Music Education. He taught general music, choral music, show choir and voice lessons during a twelve-year teaching career in New Jersey and Wisconsin. He directs, music directs and teaches singing and acting in the Fox Cities, and is a frequent workshop provider for the Fox Cities PAC Center Stage Awards.
Steve – I just finished my first week of classes, and I just wanted to thank you for everything you have taught me. In my Acting 1 class, we spent 2 hours talking about tactics and beats, and I could answer a lot of the questions because of you.
Private Lessons | Dance Classes
Emily Brandt is a recent graduate from Millikin University where she received her BFA in Musical Theatre. There, she gained the skills required to be a competitive performer in the theatre and film industry. Since graduating, Emily has continued to hone her skills and teach others looking to pursue a career in the arts. She teaches ballet, tap and musical theater cardio dance as well as private voice and acting lessons.
Emily is a naturally intuitive singer, actor and dancer. She picks up performing skills with ease and has a keen eye for what works. As a collaborator, she is positive, constructive and delightful. We’re so excited she’s part of the Show How family.
At Show How Studio and Online with Zoom
All times listed are Central Standard Time. Hours may vary by season. Masterclasses are held on the second Sunday of each month for weekly/bi-weekly students.
Online with Zoom
Online with Zoom
Dance class dates can be viewed by clicking
the Info button before booking a class.
DIRECTIONS TO SHOW HOW STUDIO
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Do students need to wear masks for in-person lessons?
While you are always welcome to wear a mask, it is not required to wear a mask for an in-person lesson. Our student area is isolated from the rest of the studio by a plastic barrier and the HVAC vents are closed and covered during lessons, which prevents transmission of germs. We disinfect the air and surfaces between each lesson and run a UV-C/Ion/HEPA air filter in the student area. Weather permitting, the student area has open windows for fresh air. These precautions, along with minimal visitors to the studio, allow us to provide a safe experience without requiring you to wear a mask during your lesson.
Can parents attend lessons with their child?
Yes, parents are welcome to attend lessons. If attending an in-person lesson, parents can wait on the covered porch or sit in the student area. We ask that parents wear masks in the student area.
Is there a minimum for booking lessons?
No, we do not require a minimum number of lessons to be booked. While many of our students book recurring lessons on a weekly or bi-weekly basis for the same day and time each week, you are welcome to book at any frequency you like. Students must attend regularly scheduled lessons in order to be eligible for virtual recital participation.
How do I pay for lessons and classes?
When you book lessons or classes online, you will be asked to pay for your bookings during checkout. All bookings are paid at the time of booking using our secure online system.
How do I attend an online lesson, class or workshop that I've booked?
When you book online lessons, classes or workshops, your confirmation email will have a link to your Zoom meeting for each of your bookings. PLEASE NOTE: Each class date in a dance class session will have its own unique Zoom meeting link. Be sure to use the correct link for the correct class date.
What is the cancellation policy for private lessons?
By registering for lessons with Show How Studio, you are agreeing to the following:
- I, the customer and/or participant, have until 24 hours before my appointment to decide if I would like to keep my time slot. If I decide within 24 hours of my scheduled appointment that I must cancel, I agree to pay my lesson fee in full.
- I, the customer and/or participant, will be on time to the best of my ability, and bring my materials to the lesson – water bottle, music, pencil, dance shoes, notebook, etc.
- I, the customer and/or participant, agree to pay for lessons online at the time they are booked. Should Show How Studio need to cancel a lesson I have booked, a credit will be provided in my account and the studio will assist me in rescheduling my lesson.
- I, the customer and/or participant, agree to follow all safety precautions established by the studio for social distancing and hygiene when booking in-person lessons. Complete instructions will be provided in my confirmation email.
- I am aware that, despite precautions being taken by Show How Studio beyond recommended guidelines, it is possible that I may contract COVID19, attributable to my in-person lesson time at the home studio. It is my responsibility to make sure I take all necessary precautions and, if I or anyone in my household contracts COVID19, contact Show How Studio as soon as possible and notify them. I also acknowledge that at any point in time, if the safety and/or wellbeing of clients becomes a concern, Show How Studio reserves the right to move my in-person lesson to an online platform.
- I am aware that I can reschedule within 24 hours of my booking if I am concerned about my health, but my booking must be rescheduled for a date no sooner than 14 days from the originally scheduled lesson.
What is the cancellation policy for classes and workshops?
Show How Studio classes require a minimum number of participants in order to be held. Should the minimum not be reached, the class will be canceled and a full refund provided. Full refunds will not be issued to participants who cancel their registrations.
Participants who cancel their registrations are subject to cancellation fees: 25% cancellation fee within 30 days of the first class, 50% fee within 7 days and no refund issued within 24 hours of the first class.
By registering for classes with Show How Studio, you are also agreeing to the following:
- If the participant decides to drop out of the class after the course has started, participant acknowledges there will not be a refund for any amount of the class fee.
- If the participant misses a class for any reason, it will not result in a partial refund or a reschedule of the class that was missed.
- Participation is subject to appropriate behavior during online sessions. If the participant is dismissed from a session for inappropriate behavior, it is up to the instructor to determine if the participant will be invited back for further sessions, and on what terms. Any dismissal from a class for inappropriate behavior will not result in a refund for any amount.